Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day celebration, quote, quilts


And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood



Memorial Day is a very special day for me.  From childhood to the present, I love the roar of the race cars at the Indy 500.   The pre-race ceremonies always include the celebration of freedom due to the honor and bravery by our service men and women.   And the race itself is an Indiana tradition.  Whether I attend in person, listen on the radio or watch the race on TV, I always get goosebumps of enjoyment throughout the day. 

This year I completed a couple of quilted wall-hangings which I display in our home during the month of May.







I wish you and yours a wonderful Memorial Day celebration and hope you will join me in celebrating
the freedom we enjoy as Americans because of the sacrifices by our service men and women.

No comments: