Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pie recipe, quote

Quote of the day...."Love your parents. We are all so busy growing up, that we forget their aging too. Don't take the days for granted and make each moment count."





When Bob and I were first married our house had a concord grape vine in the back yard.  My wonderful Mother-in-law not only helped me make and can grape jelly each year, she also introduced me to "grape pie".  The recipe was in an old edition of a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and I try to make at least one pie each year; not only because it tastes so good, but it also brings back memories of my Mother-in-law.   I've discovered that most people look at me quizzically when I mention grape pie, and they always wonder how I get rid of all those seeds!                I encourage you to try one -  it is delicious.


No comments: