Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Quote, Life with pain and a zentangle.

Pinned Image

About 10 days ago, I was raking leaves, moving furniture and
doing other tasks that I had been putting off.  The next day, I woke with a pinched nerve and the pain was terrible from my back down to my ankle.  After a couple of days, I figured out the the pain wasn't just going to go away, so I called the chiropractor.  It didn't help at all.  After a couple more days
of terrible pain, my hubby suggested that we go to "Urgent Care".   Sure enough, he said it was a pinched nerve - gave me prescriptions for a steroid pack, pain pills and anti-inflammation pills. 
 After a couple more days, I decided to try acupuncture and found a chiropractor who does both acupuncture and chiropractic treatments.   

So after about a week of constant, terrible pain and several more treatments and daily doses of pills, the pain is still there, but starting to subside. 

The reason I'm writing about this is to enhance the daily quote I posted above.  The constant pain has led me to wanting to eat anything "crunchy".  Somehow my body is seeking relief through eating!  Which is entirely the wrong thing to do for various and obvious reasons.  The only good thing about this situation is that I go to the sewing machine and start making blocks for a quilt.  My concentration on making 1/4" seams does keep me from thinking about the pain.


.  Hopefully, the pain will subside soon and I will be posting more often.


No comments: