Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Giving

The challenge issued by the Diva this week was to create a zentangle and give it to someone.   Boy, did this challenge cause me to think!  Thus, this will probably be the longest entry I'll ever post to my blog.

Blogs are interesting, and for the most part self-indulging and ego building - that's my thoughts anyway.  When I started blogging, I intended that my blog would be different.  I wanted to "share" with others the things I create - quilts, knitting, greeting cards, jewelry I make, etc.   When I discovered zentangles, my blog became filled with daily tangles.  I also share a daily quote.

Quotes are a part of me,  I can remember quotes told to me over the years by my mother, husband, friends and others.  My mother had  two in particular which have stayed with me:  "It's not the climb of the mountain, it's the grain of sand in your shoe."   and "Red sky at night, sailors' delight, red sky at morn, sailors' be warned."    My hubby shared a quote when we were first married which opened my eyes, especially since we were self-employed:  "Time is money."    My paternal grandfather even posted his favorite quote on a hand-lettered sign in his bedroom:  "From the time of my birth til I ride in a hearst, there's nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse."  My brother once told me, "If you pay peanuts, you get monkey's". 

Other quotes which have become my favorites are:  "The mind, once stretched, never returns to it's original size."   "Loose lips, sink ships".   "Do unto other's as you'd like them to do unto you."   "A stitch in time, saves nine". "Life's what happens while you're making other plans". 

My quotes have also rubbed off on my daughters, as often I hear them repeat some of the above quotes.  I like it when I realize that my kids do listen sometimes.

So, as another year is quickly approaching I, like others take time to look back on this year as well as memories from other years.  I'm getting older quicker as the years go by.   I only hope you've enjoyed some of the creativity and quotes I've shared with you.  I also now realize, that even I have fallen into the trap of my blog becoming self-indulgent and providing me with an ego trip.  I love it when you, the readers share your comments along the way.  And thank you to my "follower's" for signing onto my blog. 

During 2012 I will try to keep my blog full of more quotes, inspiration, creativity, recipes, etc.; and I will try not to become too egotistical. 

Diana



 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I too love quotes/ trivia/ fun facts....Inquiring minds want to know and expand!!!! Thanks for the lovely zentangle and for inspirations for 2012!

GinaA said...

Great tangle. my quote for the day is:
People will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.

You made me feel happy.
All the best for 2012