Saturday, March 10, 2012

My newest knitting creation, quote

"Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun".
  |
-Mary Lou Cook

This past Tuesday, my hubby had hip-replacement surgery -- he's doing fine and growing stronger each day.
While he was hospitalized and while waiting during his surgery, I was knitting.  Knitting always calms me and helps me through difficult times as well as satisfying me need to be creative.  Here's the neck shawl/scarf I made during this past week:

Over the past few years, I have made several similar to this and have finally perfected this pattern.  I like these scarves for several reasons:  They keep my neck and shoulders warm, especially when I'm in a restaurant or wherever the temperature is cool but not cold enough for a sweater.  It's also easy to remove it when one of those "hot flashes" hit when you least expect it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this scarfe, reminds me of some I bought in Europe last year. Is it your own pattern? Mary