Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A nice surprise

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.  Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about."   -Alan Ball, American Beauty

Last weekend was my nephew's wedding.  I had asked he and his fiancee if they'd like me to make a quilt as their wedding gift;  their response was an enthusiastic "yes".  And of course when I asked what size, they replied king size.  I didn't say anything at the time, but I had yet to make a king-size quilt and I was a wee bit overwhelmed at the thought of making that sized quilt.  I have made lots of wall-hangings and double bed quilts but never a king size quilt.  To make a long-story short, I did complete the quilt and am very pleased with the results. And trust me, a king size quilt takes a lot of fabric and time!  It took me over 6 hrs. just to hand stitch the binding around the edge of the quilt.  I haven't posted a photo of the quilt as yet because the photo I took didn't turn out well.    We are planning a time to take the quilt  to them and I will take another photo.  Stay tuned!

No comments: