Friday, May 4, 2012

Wedding quilt, quote

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
 |  |
-Mignon McLaughlin



This is the quilt I made for my nephew and his bride's wedding gift.  It's a king-size quilt, therefore I had a difficult time getting a photo.

When I asked Stef what color she wanted the quilt and she said purples and plums, I didn't realize that it wouldn't be a simple task to find fabrics in those colors.  Finally with the help from my quilting buddies adding some purples and plums from their "stash" of fabrics, I had enough to make the quilt.  I added the blues and turquoise to match the floral fabric I bought for the vocal point of the quilt.   The quilt photographed more blue than purple.

This is a closer photo which shows the floral fabric a little better. 

1 comment:

Alice said...

i love these colors!