Thursday, September 15, 2011

Quote, Questions, Life

"Judge people by their questions rather than by their answers."    -Voltaire

Several have asked if I choose my quote of the day first or my art first.  I usually try to match a quote to my art, but today I did the opposite.

   Yesterday I mentioned the book "Positive Quotes for Every Day by Patricia Lorenz.  I am really enjoying this book a lot.  The above quote came from the book and her comments about the quote are truly soul searching:  What kinds of questions do you tend to ask?  They reveal what you care about.  One example she gave was do we want to know how much money a person makes or what kind of car they drive, or do we want to know about their loved ones and their hobbies?  She had other examples as well.

Her challenge after the quote:  Today I will be mindful when posing questions.  I will be sure they reveal my true concerns.


What kind of questions do you ask?  What do your questions reveal about you?

No comments: