Monday, September 19, 2011

Quote, Quilting, Life and Serendipity

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.  Excellence, I can reach for, perfection is God's business."       -Michael J. Fox

Excellence is a colorful quilt lovingly stitched by it's maker.  Perfection is a sunset that mingles stunning colors, breathtaking shapes at sunset.  Perfection is breathtaking, but excellence is gratifying in its own right, as it is achieved through hard, steady work.

This just happens to be  the quote of the day in the book Positive Quotes for Every Day by Patricia Lorenz.  It is the perfect quote for me today.

 This past weekend I spent a very enjoyable weekend with my quilting friends at a quilt retreat.  We spent two days quilting & laughing and eating!  The retreat is located in Danville, Illinois at Threads of Time Quilt shop.  ( http://www.threadsoftimefab.com/ )  The facility is very nice and Bill and Missy (the owners)) are very accommodating. 

One of the projects I completed is a quilted Halloween wall hanging:



No comments: