Thursday, January 26, 2012

Zentangle suggestions, quote of the day

"It is the little bits of things that fret and worry us; we can dodge a elephant, but we can’t dodge a fly.”  ~Josh Billings

I read this today on another blog (http://tangledtranquility.com/) and it reminded me of the quote I heard my Mother say so many times:  "It's not the climb of the mountain, it's the grain of sand in your shoe".  

Some times it is the little things that are so difficult for us.

When I'm feeling a little out of touch with myself, I've found creating a zentangle can help relax me and get back on focus.  That's part of what zentangle is about - thus the zen in the word zentangle.  Here is the zentangle link if you'd like to check it out.    http://www.zentangle.com/index.php

One day I hope to be able to afford to take the CZT training.

There are several books available about zentangles as well.  I just ordered  "Zentangle 6" by Suzanne McNeill, CZT from Amazon.   But if you are just beginning I recommend "Zentangle Basics" and Zentangle 3" as those are my favorites. 

If you are a quilter, "Zen-sational Stitches for Quilting" by Suzanne McNeill is a wonderful book as well.



No comments: